Commencement Information 2019
Congratulations Commencement participants, we are very proud of you. Here are a few details to help the ceremony run smoothly:
- Rehearsals on June 12th and 13th will start at 3:30 pm promptly; you should arrive at the backdoor of the Lester Centre at 3:20 pm.
- We currently have no extra tickets and a long waitlist. If you have any extra tickets that you do not need, please return them to Ms. Rourke as soon as possible.
- On Friday, June 14th, you are expected to arrive at the back door of the Lester Centre at 5:30pm.
- Gowns and coloured stoles must be handed in to the Green Room at the end of the ceremony. Students are not to leave the premises with their gown on. You may keep the hat and the tassel.
- Any evidence of alcohol or illegal substance consumed or on person during the ceremony or rehearsals will immediately disqualify you from participating in the Commencement Ceremony. Vaping is also not permitted on the Lester Centre property during a school event.
- Please leave your phone, wallet and/or purse with your guests as they are not allowed onstage and we do not have a secure location to store them backstage.
- Please dress appropriately, as it is hot on stage wearing a gown.
- Parents/Guests– please hold any flowers or gifts until after the ceremony. Please be aware that guests will not be permitted backstage.
- Guests should arrive at 6:30pm.
- The ceremony will be live broadcast by CityWest Community Television on Channel 10 in SD and channel 310 in HD as well on the CityWest website and Facebook page