Exam Schedule – Please see lists outside of the library to determine which Numeracy exam you are scheduled for.
Monday June 24, 2019 Classes in Session
- 9 am English 12 Provincialin the MPR
- 9 am Numeracy Assessment – Room 315 (Tri 3-2)
- 1:00pm English 12 First People’s – Room 315
Tuesday June 25, 2019 Instructional Make Up Day
- 9:00am Numeracy Assessment – Rm 200 (Tri 3-5)
- 9:00 am Numeracy Assessment – Rm 315 (Tri 2-2)
- 1:00 pm Numeracy Assessment – Rm 200 (Tri 2-4)
- 1:00 pm FRAL Provincial Exam – Rm 315
Wednesday June 26, 2019
- 9:00 am Communications 12 – the MPR
- 9:00am Numeracy Assessment – Rm 200 (Tri 2-5)
- 9:00am Numeracy Assessment – Rm 315 Gr. 11/12 (A-H)
- 1:00pm Numeracy Assessment – Rm 200 Gr. 11/12 (I-P)
- 1:00 pm Numeracy Assessment – Rm 315 Gr. 11/12 (Q-Z)
We had a great time celebrating our Class of 2019 on Friday! We are so proud of you! Thank you to the guests, staff, family, and friends for coming out to support our students. We also want to thank the community who donated so generously to bursaries and scholarships for our graduates. Photos of the event are available at Shutter Shack’s new location 221 Third Avenue.
Commencement Information 2019
Congratulations Commencement participants, we are very proud of you. Here are a few details to help the ceremony run smoothly:
- Rehearsals on June 12th and 13th will start at 3:30 pm promptly; you should arrive at the backdoor of the Lester Centre at 3:20 pm.
- We currently have no extra tickets and a long waitlist. If you have any extra tickets that you do not need, please return them to Ms. Rourke as soon as possible.
- On Friday, June 14th, you are expected to arrive at the back door of the Lester Centre at 5:30pm.
- Gowns and coloured stoles must be handed in to the Green Room at the end of the ceremony. Students are not to leave the premises with their gown on. You may keep the hat and the tassel.
- Any evidence of alcohol or illegal substance consumed or on person during the ceremony or rehearsals will immediately disqualify you from participating in the Commencement Ceremony. Vaping is also not permitted on the Lester Centre property during a school event.
- Please leave your phone, wallet and/or purse with your guests as they are not allowed onstage and we do not have a secure location to store them backstage.
- Please dress appropriately, as it is hot on stage wearing a gown.
- Parents/Guests– please hold any flowers or gifts until after the ceremony. Please be aware that guests will not be permitted backstage.
- Guests should arrive at 6:30pm.
- The ceremony will be live broadcast by CityWest Community Television on Channel 10 in SD and channel 310 in HD as well on the CityWest website and Facebook page
Charles Hays Secondary School has a Relay for Life Team, if you wish to sign up or contribute you can do so in the main office at CHSS, directly through Katherine Ryeburn, or through the following link:
Please support the team through these two events:
Relay for Life Fundraising Barbecue at Save-On-Foods Prince Rupert
Friday, May 17, 2019 from 11am-5pm
Relay for Life at the Prince Rupert Middle School
Saturday, May 26, 2019 from 10am-10pm
The Scholarship Booklet is out! Click on the link below
Due April 26th
Scholarship booklet 2019
CHSS Students, we encourage you to participate this national survey on LGBTQI2S inclusion in Canadian secondary schools with your networks and students and support their participation.
- All students – LGBTQI2S and non-LGBTQI2S – are encouraged to participate.
- Individuals 14 years or older who are currently enrolled, have recently dropped out of, or have graduated from high school (secondary school) in the past year are qualified to participate.
- All responses are anonymous.
- The survey will be live from April 4th-June 30th, 2019.
- The final report/results will be published on Egale’s website by January 2020.
- The survey can be found at https://egale.ca/climate-survey/
Ten years after a revealing first national survey which resulted in the Every Class in Every School (2012) report and a national Safer Schools program, Egale Canada – Canada’s national LGBTQI2S organization – has officially launched a second national survey on LGBTQI2S inclusion in Canadian secondary schools.
The second national survey will help us better understand the discrimination faced by LGBTQI2S secondary students across Canada and provide policy makers, educator and students with data, tools and resources to continue to create safer and more inclusive school environments nationwide.
The Charles Hays Rainmakers would like to thank all the businesses, fans, families, and coaches who have supported the team this year.
Thank you: Alta Gas, Cooks Jewellers, City Furniture, Gat Leedm, Metlakatla Development Corporation, Port of Prince Rupert (Voyage to Excellence Program), Seasport, Stuck on Designs , The Sterritt Family, andVohora & Company
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to become Provincial Champions and to bring the blue banner home.
-2019 BC Boys AA Provincial Champions