November 2, 2020
Learning and Working Together
Sagayt Suwilaawkska Ada Hakahalels
Apprendre et Travailler Ensemble
Here is what is happening at Charles Hays Secondary School this month.
- We continue to keep safety as our top priority. We welcomed Andrew Johnson as our door greeter and he ensures that everyone has a mask and uses the hand sanitizer each time they enter the school. We review and monitor our other protocols on an ongoing basis.
- We still have bottled water stations set up, the water testing was underway and then the most recent boil water advisory occurred.
Teams and Clubs:
- Student Council and the Interact Club are running.
- The after-school art program should be starting soon.
- The Drama students are busy working on this year’s Musical “The Brothers Grimm”, they will be filming in late January and presenting virtually in early February.
- The Basketball Academy is busy training hard before and after school.
- The Band is also busy practicing before school.
- Our Counselling Department is showing all grade 12 students how to access their transcripts via the online service.
- Three students participated in a Virtual Student Voice event.
- We have partnered with PCS and North Coast Victim Services to offer three White Hatter presentations related to online safety.
- Virtual Remembrance Day ceremony on November 10th.
- The Numeracy Assessments are running this week Nov. 2-5th.
- The other assessment dates have been set and students will receive letters in their report cards in November.
Watch for updates on our CHSS App, CHSS website, CHSS Facebook, Weekly News, and the Sign Tower.